A kutatási téma leírása:
Technological advances in radiology is integrating all medical records and providing access to all data related to the patient, including medical imaging of different modalities. These images can be observed in many types of presentation media, such as color displays and mobile devices (e.g., smartphones and tablets) for diagnostic purposes. Currently, the medical physics community has little understanding about the calibration and characterization methods required for the use of these presentation media in teleradiology. Furthermore, the lack of image quality control procedures of displays may cause diagnostic errors related to inconsistency of color reproduction in various conditions and medical specialties. Thus, best practices guidelines and standardization will benefit the use of these devices in the medical imaging field.
Investigate procedures of image quality control and color measurement instrumentation to achieve a high level of image fidelity in color displays for medical image analysis.
Propose a method for the quantitative evaluation of image quality in medical color displays.
Contribute to establish standards for the consistent representation of color in displays used in radiology.
c.) The tasks, main components, time-consuming
- Understand of display technology available for radiology (first and second semesters).
- Investigation of the impact of color calibration on diagnostic accuracy of specific pathologies (second semester).
- Development of simulation methods and algorithms to assess image quality of color displays and mobile devices (third and fourth semesters).
- Methods for developing color calibration and characterization (fifth and sixth semesters).
- Conduct tests for assessment of display performance (fourth to seventh semesters).
- Development of methods to apply standardization and establishment of best practices guidelines (seventh and eighth semesters).
- Results processing and publications (fifth to eighth semesters).
d.) Expected scientific results
- Development of method for assessment of image quality in color displays and mobile devices for radiology.
- Guidelines for color support on mobile devices in medical imaging.
- Guidelines for standardization of color displays in medical imaging.
BADANO, A., NAGY, B.V. et al. Consistency and Standardization of Color in Medical Imaging: a Consensus Report. J Digit Imaging, v. 28, n. 1, p. 41-52, February 2015.
BADANO, A., NAGY, B.V., et al. Technical Note: Gray tracking in medical color displays - A report of Task Group 196. Medical Physics, v. 43, n. 7, p. 4017-4022, July 2016.
felvehető hallgatók száma: 1
Jelentkezési határidő: 2018-10-19